Thursday 8 July 2021

Wairaka Legend Retell

In class we have been learning about the adventures of Wairaka and how to retell the stories in an exciting way. Here is some of my writing, explaining the problem she had. Have you heard this legend before?


Problem: 
The waka floated into a storm. All the kids and women thought they were going to die. The waka was rocking like you were on those rides at the theme park. Wairaka saw a paddle she knew she couldn't touch the paddle, Wairaka had made a courageous decision, touching a paddle as a women was tapu ( Sacred ) she knew she had do something, she picked up the paddle and said these mighty words Kia Whakatane au i ahau ( let me act like a man ) she started to paddle away from the storm it was scary for her and the children.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, Shannon!
    My name is Palak from Room 23 and I loved your writing!
    You did an awesome job!
    Your writing reminded me of my story!
    How long did it take you to do this?
    Make sure to check out my class blog and my blog!
    Have a great day!
    Blog you later!
    Palak.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.